Monday, September 19, 2011

What is a proxy server?

I have sudden-link high speed internet.. Yahoo is my main Page I log on to when I go on internet explore. I was online this morning and everything worked great.. I turned my computer off so I can do some cleaning, now every time I log onto the internet it tells me that it doesn't recognize www.yahoo.com and to change my proxy servers.. What the heck does that mean? I've turned off my computer, I've unplugged and plugged up every cord I could, I don't know why it's saying this? How can I fix, who do i need to call? Yahoo?? I don't know, I need help..What is a proxy server?proxy tips and info:

http://merakit-komputer.com/proxies-anon

http://merakit-komputer.com/proxies-anonWhat is a proxy server?proxy university.What is a proxy server?Go to Tools%26gt;Internet Options%26gt;Connections%26gt;Lan Settings%26gt; Uncheck %26quot;Use a proxy server for your Lan%26quot; and you should be fine. Try scanning your computer for a virus, because that's what viruses do, they change your Internet settings so you wouldn't be able to access Internet.



OVERVIEW of what a proxy server is.

In computer networks, a proxy server is a server (a computer system or an application program) that acts as an intermediary for requests from clients seeking resources from other servers. A client connects to the proxy server, requesting some service, such as a file, connection, web page, or other resource, available from a different server. The proxy server evaluates the request according to its filtering rules. For example, it may filter traffic by IP address or protocol. If the request is validated by the filter, the proxy provides the resource by connecting to the relevant server and requesting the service on behalf of the client. A proxy server may optionally alter the client's request or the server's response, and sometimes it may serve the request without contacting the specified server. In this case, it 'caches' responses from the remote server, and returns subsequent requests for the same content directly.What is a proxy server?Try start, control panel, internet options, connections tab, lan settings, make sure the use proxy settings is unchecked. ~