Friday, September 23, 2011

All of a sudden my mp3s and videos wont play?!?

I have played videos and mp3 files on my computer numerous times before, and now all of a sudden they wont work. I have tried installing codecs with no luck. I dont understand why it used to work fine and now it doesnt. I have windows vista if that matters.



This is what pops up when I try to play a video or song:



%26quot;Windows Media Player cannot access the file. The file might be in use, you might not have access to the computer where the file is stored, or your proxy settings might not be correct.%26quot;



And I dont know how to change my proxy settings, so that doesnt help me.All of a sudden my mp3s and videos wont play?!?yeah thats a security feature.



basically its trying to connect to the DSC server to verify that the song is not pirated.



try playing a normal CD and see if it works



other things



is go to this link download and install and try that



http://www.free-codecs.com/download/ACE_Mega_CoDecS_Pack.htm



also try going to



www.cyberlink.com and download 15day free trial power dvd and try play with that. its sometimes overrides the DSC and other protections



goodluck



otherwise try your sound drivers and ****All of a sudden my mp3s and videos wont play?!?they are corruptedAll of a sudden my mp3s and videos wont play?!?download vlc it comes with all the required codecs and it's 100% free http://www.videolan.org/vlc/