Tuesday, October 25, 2011

Newest msn won't work?

I downloaded the newer msn a while ago, had problems with it, and installed the older version again. Now I've reinstalled the newer one, and i'm having the same problem again. When I try to connect I get the error code '80072efd', when I run the trouble shooter it says there's something wrong with the key ports. I've uninstalled norton 360 as best I can, as it was interfering with my internet. Is it possible part of the firewall, or a completely different firewall is blocking it? I've tried changing my proxy settings, obviously tried reinstalling, went into the advanced connection settings in msn itself, when I click on TCP I get the error code (8007274d), Also, in connection settings, there's a warning symbol between the globe and the router symbol saying I couldn't connect to the .NET messenger service.How do I fix this? ):

Any help is appreciated.Newest msn won't work?I found that my firewall was blocking wlcomm.exe



I did a lot of searching and tried all the troubleshooting tips that I could find, with my firewall configured to allow msnmsgr.exe, but nothing seemed to work.



The firewall, (I use ZoneAlarms) keeps a log of all the things that it blocks, and was blocking wlcomm.exe.



I had only read that msnmsgr.exe needed to be enabled, and had already done so, but finally happened to read the log file... should have looked at it to start with.



After adding wlcomm.exe to the allowed programs, WLM is now working okay for me.Newest msn won't work?It's strange, almost everyone i've seen installing the new msn can't connect. They've done something very stupid..



Just uninstall Windows live Messenger and install MSN 8.1, it's fairly new and guaranteed to work atleast..
  • server
  • hair of the dog
  •