Tuesday, October 25, 2011

How can I fix my internet connection?

The company i work for gave me this laptop and it seems that there are internet network restrictions which I understand, but the thing is whenever I connect my laptop to networks outside the company.. (home internet connection etc..) it seems that those restrictions are still present (I cant connect to YAhoo messenger, cant download server updates for MMORPG games such as CABAL..) but I can surf the net given that I change the proxy settings, flush the dns and renew my IP address.. I think there are still other network connection settings on my laptop that I am not aware of.. and I think these are what's causing my problem.. please help me figure this out T_T How can I fix my internet connection?Are you logging on with your domain account (mycompany\myname)? If so the policies that were implemented for the domain are still resident on your laptop.



Do you have access to a local account on the laptop? If so, then you should log into it. This means that you won't have all your desktop icons, or your documents though, unless the local account has administrator access and you know how to browse through everything to find what you are looking for.



Hope this helps.



Fac