Tuesday, October 25, 2011

How do I find what my internet proxy settings should be and change them accordingly -PLEASE HELP ME!!?

Ok... here I am... I have asked a heap of questions the past few days and none of them have had any helpful answers...



This is my last try!



I could not download yahoo site builder, and it kept saying I needed Java, but when I tried to download Java it said this page has been blocked, so I read up and I tried again whilst Zone Alarm was off, then It worked, I was able to download Java .



Now when I go to download site builder (it has acutally downloaded already it is on my desktop waiting to be installed but cant be) It says firstly the installer cannot proceed with your current java runtime environment, then it says do you wish to install it now and I click yes... the next thing to come up is error, (java installer) and it sayd %26quot;The installer cannot proceed with the current internet connection proxy settings. Please check installation notes for more information%26quot;



I do not have any istallation notes for a start and when I check this error message on the java.com site it tells me .How do I find what my internet proxy settings should be and change them accordingly -PLEASE HELP ME!!?Go to tools, Internet options, connections, lan settings, and change the proxy to automatically detect settings and uncheck the box that says proxy server, If this doesn't work where it says use a proxy server, go to advanced and in the box that says do not use proxy server for these addresses and add java.comHow do I find what my internet proxy settings should be and change them accordingly -PLEASE HELP ME!!?I think I remember this problem, its that the java on-line download does not work, so you have to look for the offline installer in the java downloads page.

Once downloaded to the PC just run it.



on-line installer = streamed install

offline installer = download file then run it