Tuesday, October 25, 2011

How can I disable IE without disabling Safari or Windows Messenger?

I have been having problems with random IE windows opening while I'm using certain programs. I found a way to disable IE from connecting with the internet by simply changing my proxy settings to a dead-end proxy. The problem with this is when I do this it also prevents me from using Windows Live Messenger and Safari to connect to the internet. All other things such as games and updates still connect though. I just need to know how to ONLY disable IE. I appreciate any help.How can I disable IE without disabling Safari or Windows Messenger?First, it would be helpful if you told us first the Operating System your using.... so for this instance I'll assume that you're using some form of Windows.



You'll need to find %26quot;Set Program Access and Defaults%26quot; it's usually either on your start menu or under %26quot;start / all programs.%26quot; It is also accessible from the control panel / add or remove programs. (It is on the bar on the left.) If you click on the Microsoft Windows bulls-eye first and instate the MS defaults; then the custom bulls-eye you can change the defaults for your Internet Appliance and Messenger; causing Safari to have complete access to all Internet calls and Windows Live Messenger to become your default Messenger. While your at it you can choose your default music handler and what files it will handle!