Wednesday, November 24, 2010

How do I prevent the use of proxy changing on my computer?

I used the hosts file to block a site on this computer but a user can just use a proxy server to change the proxy and access it. How do I prevent that user from being able to use one/change proxy/bypass hosts file?How do I prevent the use of proxy changing on my computer?Type GPedit when logged on as an administrator. Navigate the group policy to %26quot;Computer Configuration/Administrative Templates/Windows Components/Internet Explorer%26quot; and set the %26quot;Make proxy settings per-machine (rather than per-user) to enabled. The user will no longer be able to change their proxy settings. If you set your own proxy server there, those settings will apply and they will not be able to change it away from whatever you're set to.

*** Note: this only works with Internet Explorer ***

If you want to do the same thing with Firefox, you have to download the firefox.adm files and set a login script to make those changes for you. However, it can be done.



WGHow do I prevent the use of proxy changing on my computer?Oops I forgot! I use to know how to do that!