Wednesday, November 24, 2010

HOW do I change proxy settings on Firefox?

When I enable TOR, Firefox tells me I I need to reset my proxy connections. How do I do this?



Note: don't send me lists of free proxies -- they don't work

also, don't send me suggestions for enabling/disabling TOR -- I can do that already. The problem arises AFTER I enable TorHOW do I change proxy settings on Firefox?the about:config interface is a little confusing for setting proxy connections, but it can be done:

after about:config opens, filter for %26quot;proxy%26quot; and change network.proxy.http to the IP address or in the case of TOR, localhost.

also change network.proxy.http_port to the TOR port



and change network.proxy.ssl to the same settings.



Alternative:

Tools-%26gt;options-%26gt;advanced-%26gt;connection settings and select %26quot;manual proxy configuration%26quot; and put the settings in there.HOW do I change proxy settings on Firefox?open a new tab and type %26quot;about:config%26quot; without quotes