Wednesday, November 24, 2010

How do I change the proxy settings on my computer, what should they be for internet explorer?

I had to delete it cause i kept getting pop ups even when not online. Now i need it for some work i have to do, HELP.How do I change the proxy settings on my computer, what should they be for internet explorer?Hi,



To change the proxy settings, please open Microsoft Internet Explorer (IE), now from the menu, go to tools and click Internet options, now go to connection tab. You will find a command button that reads LAN Settings, there will be another window that reads %26quot;Local Area Network (LAN) Settings%26quot;, now you can change your proxy settings from there under %26quot;Proxy Server%26quot;.



If you uncheck the check box that says: %26quot;Use a proxy server for your LAN (These settings will not apply to dial-up or VPN Connections).%26quot;, then your proxy will be disabled.



(I have assumed that you are using Win XP)



If you have any other question, please feel free to contact me, or if I have given any wrong or not appropriate information, please feel free to post a feedback at my email address, that will really help me.



Thanks and regards,

NirmalHow do I change the proxy settings on my computer, what should they be for internet explorer?open internet explorer

go to

tool - internet options-connections- lan settings.

then put ur proxy address

apply and ok





take care

bye