Friday, June 3, 2011

Can a virus change your proxy settings?

It appears a rouge virus (I think its called PC live guard virus) changed my proxy settings. I can't get online with that computer to remove it only takes me to their website to make me purchase the antivirus software that it offers.



I found a way how to make it stop popping up with the virus scan, but now I cant get online.



How do I change my proxy setting back to be able to go online and try to fix the problem. I am not very good with computers.



I use windows xp and Internet explorer.Can a virus change your proxy settings?Check your hosts file.Can a virus change your proxy settings?be inserting a script that adds a proxy address to IE. if you have IE 7 or 8 go to options advances and reset your browser to default settings that should bring you back to the start.Can a virus change your proxy settings?Here is a guide how to fix proxy settings of your PC : http://www.2-viruses.com/how-to-fix-goog